Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My brain is mush

IMG_5074_1Stupid daylight savings. It doesn't feel like six at all. Or seven. I wrote this an hour ago.

I have papers to write.

I am making UBC rise and shine muffins, the exact same kind that they used to have at the UBC bakeshop. Remember the UBC bakeshop? It was where the bus loop is now, I think. We used to wait for my mom there while she was doing her masters. They had the absolute best cinnamon buns in the whole wide world and I've got the recipe for them as well but it's never worked out for me. The muffin recipe always works though.

My middle school foods teacher always cautioned us against overmixing muffins because they would get "madonna boobs" on the top, but no matter how much you mix the batter for these suckers, they always seem to turn out right. They're magic, you see.

Not to mention, the batter tastes good in large quantities, which is the real reason why I'd be caught baking anything anyways.

Nothing says study break like a mixture of raw eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, flour and miscellaneous chopped nuts, zuchinni and carrots.

And tea. I've become a compulsive tea drinker lately, which has my friends upset because apparently that and the fact that I need one of those walker things to skate means that I am ageing prematurely. Not to mention that I knit, crochet, play cribbage, love antiques roadshow and more often than not, bake my own bread.

You may recall that when I was in grade 7 or 8ish these were the same people who decided that my odd hairline that was only visible when my hair was french-braided was a receeding hairline because I was secretly a middle aged man.

So, pressing this to its logical conclusion, I'll be dead by 25. Sure I could aim high, but I like results.

Either that or I could get new friends.