Friday, April 20, 2007

It's like feng shui only different

IMG_5266_1I can't stand the thought of throwing anything in the garbage so I compost and recycle the shit out of absolutely everything I can, but living in an apartment means that I have no back yard with which to compost anything.

My parents have a yard and a compost box.

My parents absolutely abhor the thought of paying to dump their garbage, like they have to do in their city. They don't produce a lot of garbage themselves, but the cats do. They have three cats.

Garbage disposal where I live is free. All you've got to do is throw it in the dumpster.

It's a reciprocal thing, and it happens every weekend.

We have a word for it. Fling shit. It's like feng shui only different.

They take my buckets of kitchen waste for compost and then we all throw bags of cat shit into the dumpster. I wish I could say it is a fun thing.

The new car is incredibly deluxe so in addition to having next to nothing for suspension, it also has no light in the trunk either. This means that we had to fumble around in the dark to find all the bags, and the ones I grabbed were wet. I don't care how much you call that stuff rainwater, that's not what it smelled like.

I stuck my hand in my mom's face for confirmation. You want to know how to make her scream and laugh hysterically? That would be it.