Monday, June 20, 2005

Killing time

In the buildup to the dance school's year end show, I'm going to take a breif look at what happened last year:

2 shows
1 severely deadbeat audience
1 good supported audience
5 kids AWOL
1 principle dancer AWOL
1 party missed
8 sprinklers run through
3 people noticed that I had lost weight and told me that I looked great
6 people told me that I look really good onstage
1 person thanked me for stepping in and doing props as well as running
3 people told me I did a damn good job running for SR
1 rude child who I almost slapped
4 major props lost or misplaced (not on my watch)

I talked to Alex today, who said that she hasn't been to rehearsals for the past few weeks because she just didn't feel like coming. I wasn't sure if I should be happy that she had seen fit to grace us with her presence today, or if I should strangle her for her utter disregard for the other members of our group. Once again Alicia didn't show. She's cut.

Somehow or other I ended up wandering through the mall for several hours with my sister. She chattered nonstop for the better part of four hours and to be honest, I don't know what she was talking about the whole time. I just wasn't in the mood to listen today. I got two pairs of pants because I was really impressed that I could fit into size six (compared to size 16 in grade 10). That's enough spending for me for a while though, at least until I get another job.