Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Brought to you by the letter F


Alright, I'm not in the habit of doing memes at all, but this one looked fun. Kimanda gave me the letter F, so now I have to list 10 words starting with that letter with a description of what they mean to me.

Frick - is the name of one of my cats. She has been known to pose with Japanese tourists, bite the hand that feeds her and attack dogs as large as German shepherds. A recovering buolemic, she once rode all the way from Port Moody to Vancouver and halfway back (about 35 km) on the freeway in the car roof rack before someone pulled us over and told us she was there.

Florence - I was the only student to go with all my teachers to the Uffizi Gallery to see all that famous art up close. Then afterward, when I met up with my friends, we found a carousel in the middle of a plaza with a little old woman who charged us half an euro each to ride. I'm sure we'd never pay that much at home to do that.

Ford F150 - John had an old truck that was given to him and it was grey with a wide pink stripe all around it which I thought was ugly as shit. One night it was stolen and totaled and he was never quite the same after that. He loved that ugly truck. He eventually replaced it with a minivan and complained often that he was reduced to being a soccer mom.

Famous - There used to be a little greasy spoon on the main street of our town called the Famous Cafe, owned by an eccentric little Chinese man and his wife, who used to do all the cooking. I don't know if it was actually famous or not, but it was pretty popular among police and paramedics because it was the only restaurant open at 4am every morning and breakfast was really cheap. Many people were sad when they retired.

Football - (the soccer kind) When I was little, my parents thought that they should put me in sports as well as dance and Brownies but they didn't know what my attitude towards that was. One day they told me that they had signed me up for soccer and I started to cry and told them that if they wanted me to do it I would. Needless to say they never made me play. I think I appreciate it more today though.

Faroese - is a language I know almost nothing about, except that it's used on some islands in the middle of nowhere that are owned by Denmark and there are some other islands in the middle of nowhere that are owned by Canada that Denmark says it owns too but it doesn't.

I'm running out of F words, aren't I?

Fish and chips - is what I had for lunch with some friends today. I guess Americans would call them fish and fries. They're the best with canned mushy peas and lots of pepper to dip the fries in but they didn't have any where we went. They did however have cream puffs with real cream.

Flak and the Enforcers - In my first year of university they drilled us repeatedly with Herman and Chomsky's propaganda model, which was about how all the media we see has had to pass through five sets of filters first. The fourth one they mentioned was Flak and the Enforcers, or negative feedback given to media networks from lobby groups, advertising, complaints etc. I always thought that it would make a good name for a band, or at least I did at the time.

But how can I forget

Fridays - The best day of the week. Can you believe that in high school I used to wake up at 5:00, row for an hour and a half, go to school, then row another hour and a half and swim for three hours and go to bed at 11:30 without dinner to be up again at 5:00 the next morning?

Frappuccinos - Rain, sun or snow, it makes no difference. I am a Starbucks whore. They're good to have when I'm not studying and I don't feel like having an Americano or worse. I just wish they had less sugar in them.

Ack, terrible. Comment to play, if you wish.

I have no new photos so you get more car crashes. Joy.