Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Raspberry tea

IMG_7583_1

Not a lot of good things can be said about my mother's father, but one of them is that when he passed away he left her a small sum of money. Well, actually that's not true. He didn't have a will and Ottawa took a chunk and then it took three years and a lawyer to get the bank to release the remaining contents of his account.

But anyways, all through the legal wrangling she had been looking forward to using the end product toward tuition at a program at Royal Roads. Now she's finally in the program, which means she's not here. She's gone off to school. She'll be back in a while but for now she's not here.

School's back in so this is a very busy time for my father so I haven't seen him around much either.

My sister is at work, but if she was here she'd probably be in her room with the door closed.

All of this is fine, really, but it has me reverting to the way I was when I lived alone.

Case in point: the tea I'm drinking. It's a fruity fruit blend of tea. It's not unpleasant, but I can't honestly say I like it.

I'm not a big fan of a lot of herbal and fruit teas because they often smell really good. The aroma convinces you to purchase them and drink them, but the flavour never quite matches up and I'm always disappointed.

So why the hell am I drinking this tea? Well because normally I'd drink orange pekoe but I'm out of milk. Well, actually I'm not out of milk, I'm rationing it subconsciously.

It's well within my powers to go get more milk, but that would involve leaving the house and walking and spending money so I'd rather just change the tea I'm drinking.