Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mon francais est terrible.

Someone flicked the wrong switch at the CBC the other night and all of a sudden all the commercials were in French. Being Canadian, of course I don't have a problem with this.

Bonjour, je m'appelle Erin. Je suis un pizza. Ouvrez vous la fenetre.

Je vais chercher un agent bilingue. Un moment, s'il vous plait.

J'ecoute musique du Quebec.







Qui fait la musique? Malajube fait la musique! J'aime Malajube.

That's about it for my rotten French. I had semi-decent non-anglophone-accented French in elementary school. I worked two years ahead in the curriculum, so that when I went to middle school I got to repeat those two years at a lower level of difficulty. They wouldn't accomodate my requests for more challenging work so I failed because I'm passive aggressive.

Besides, the stuff they teach you in French is pretty dumb and useless anyways. That's the reason why my French is limited to knowing how to order a pizza, how to talk to an alien and how to tell if a clown is confused.

It put me off of French so I took Latin in high school where I was finally allowed to learn by rote like I'd always wanted to. I loved it.