Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Erin always bites off more than she can chew



I have interesting things to talk about but I'm busy right now. I have a paper due on Friday, an application for a new job due tomorrow at noon and a whole whack of meetings and crap that I have to do all tomorrow afternoon, evening and night. My drivers licence expires July 5, but Friday night is the only time I have time to go and renew it.

People keep asking me about the magazine and student union and crap and my question is since when have I been the leader of all this stuff? I guess since now. Everyone must grovel at my feet now. Right now.

Today some guy phoned me to ask a question in some techie language that I didn't understand at all so I just transfered him to someone else in my phone directory at random. That person just happened to be female and the wrong person, so she transfered him back to me. I took his name and number and a message in the vain hope that maybe he would actually explain what he was asking in some way that I would understand but he didn't.

I phoned him back later and then transfered him to another woman to talk to, but stayed on the line to listen in to their conversation a bit. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that. From what I could gather, he was really stoned and he thought that all three of us were the same person, and that I just kept putting him on hold and then transfering him back to myself.

So yeah, I'm busy.