Sunday, March 04, 2007

Erin woss here

IMG_4433_1My grandma doesn't remember what my father's name is, which isn't anything new. "Did you have lunch today?" my aunt asks.

"Yes," grandma replies.

"What did you have?" Gaynell continues.

"Well, I had you!" grandma states, matter of factly.

Sometimes I think that when I'm old I want to be really senile so I don't have to really know what's going on. Grandma isn't aware that her roommate died a couple of weeks ago, and in some ways that's really sad, but in others, it's probably better that way.

But then again, for her every day for the past week has been the day after Grandad died, which isn't so good, so I don't know.

Yes, I'm still using photos from last November. This is a photo of a train that is falling apart in Woss, BC. Woss is a little logging town and aside from houses and logging-related things there, it has a small community hall, a trailer that serves as a library and a general store, which is pretty much the hippest place in town. It's a gas station that doubles as practically everything else - movie rentals, grocery store, fishing tackle, giftshop, hardware store.

All this is really immaterial. All that really matters is that in the washroom in this particular store people have written all sorts of graffiti:

I woss here!
Wossup!
Woss eating you?