Friday, March 02, 2007

The hangar

WWII aircraft hangar in Winter Harbour

I think I may have fixed the irritating double window problem with the comments on this blog.

I took some pictures today and I was going to write a post about them but they all managed to be blurry. I'm not entirely sure how that happened.

So, for lack of anything better to say or post, I'm going to dig up some photos from Thanksgiving last year. There's an old WWII aircraft hangar up at Coal Harbour, I believe, on Vancouver Island. Why Vancouver Island? Well, to protect against the Japanese invasion plan that never really existed in the first place. At the time there were no roads in or out. Everywhere you look there is a concrete slab, so I guess that's how the poor bastards kept busy.

WWII aircraft hangar in Winter Harbour

But anyways, what do you do when you find a kind of run-down building that you're probably not supposed to go into? Go inside and take pictures, of course. Seems to me I've already posted some pictures of holes in the windows on this blog, maybe around early December of last year, if you care to check. Here are some that I haven't posted before. The third is my favourite.

WWII aircraft hangar in Winter Harbour