Friday, October 10, 2008

If I have interests does that make me interesting?

IMG_7676_1

Today's weather forecast: gorgeous. That means another trip to the roof.

I spent much of today on the hill running errands, doing stuff for my student union and finding more books for a paper I'm writing.

The paper part is a long, drawn-out process because I have a bad habit of picking topics that really haven't been done very much before so it's not like I can just go out and pick up some summaries or readers to start with. I've been to four different libraries to get books for this, and most of them won't give me more than a few quotes or a couple little ideas to use. Sometimes I think glory sucks.

I think one of the coolest things about knit club is that it pulls in a lot of really different people who are interesting to talk to because they're really different. That's one of the reasons why I decided to go to meetings. I know lots of people in my major but not many outside of that. It also gives me a chance to be a complete geek and take part in a discussion about the direction you wrap your yarn.

IMG_7677_1

After that I wandered around campus because it was oddly empty and the weather was still beautiful. I ran into someone who was jogging around in spandex. Since spandex is kind of in right now I wouldn't normally turn my head but it had a particular pattern and I recognized that it was Row West spandex which meant that this person was probably a rower. I asked her and yes, indeed, she was. Geekiness of another sort ensued.

Then, while I was running around campus with my camera someone came up behind me and said "hey! we have the same camera bag!" We stopped and compared cameras and she said that she was glad that she wasn't the only one who was geeky enough to carry around a big SLR.

So many random interests in one day! Just think - if I'd tap danced with bloggers about federal politics, ate gourmet cheese and purple tomatoes that I grew in the back yard, watched Red Dwarf, hid a food security themed geocache and read non-fiction books about the environment or economics or something...

My head just might have exploded from so many random interests coming into contact with each other at once. On second thought, that would probably be cool. Not the head explosion, but you know.

more roof, more Robert C. Brown