Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Greg finds love

greg-finds-love

An overdone theme, I know, but I really have nothing to say. I'm feeling a tad jaded at the moment because I've just received confirmation from the last internet provider in the city that no, they can't offer me anything better than dial up. I don't live in a remote area, just one that has a lot of working class people in it. Evidently these people are worthless.

If the government owned the internet companies, it would have to provide access to everyone. Indeed, in the past the only reason why BC Tel was allowed to have a monopoly over telephone service was because it was bound by law to provide access to everyone, not just the cities. The government was needed to step in and force this because private companies just wouldn't bother otherwise. Same went for electricity. But what about Telus, Rogers and Bell? I say nationalize the bastards. Enough of this private enterprise shit.

And about the hearts and stuff, I'll stop soon. Rest assured that I'll likely be nice and disillusioned about that too pretty soon.