Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I live for Antiques Roadshow

IMG_4640_1I only ever go for runs after dark. There are some really logical reasons for this, namely that there is less traffic and the wandering hoards of people training for the Sun Run are no longer out in full force after 8:00. I stick to residential roads so that I won't run into other runners in the park because I don't feel like being looked at.

I'm not sure how exactly running became a clandestine activity but it's not surprising that it would turn out that way. I mean, in my hands most things end up being that way, because face it, visiting the gym, swimming and returning library books are things that must be done under cover of darkness, not to mention stuff like writing, drawing and going outside.

Which is stupid, I guess, because pretty much everybody does these things. Which is also stupid, I guess, because when I used to row, I never bothered to tell my coach that I actually took the time to train outside of practice, which probably would have helped my chances of making the decent boats.

Meh.

I was out until the cold crawled its way through the spandex to bite me in the butt. Then I went inside only to find out that House wasn't on when it usually is. Dumbasses. Every Tuesday it's supposed to be news, go for a run, Antiques Roadshow, Rick Mercer, 22 Minutes and then House. Either that or three solid hours of Roadshow. I'd totally watch that.