Friday, November 24, 2006

Sorry

I do believe that I haven't written a decent post here in quite a few days. Actually, I'm willing to admit that I haven't written anything reasonably good in at least a month. I'm stuck in a bit of a rut, to be honest.

I'm in one of those states of mind right now where I have been sleep deprived such that I lack basic mental faculties. It is exactly this that reduces me to saying "please confer unto me the liquid beverage," when I clearly meant pass the orange juice. I lose words and then substitute bigger ones in their place.

It's one of those nights that I feel I have to explain Aubrey Beardsley, Alexander Pope and The Rape of the Lock to everyone awake on my msn list for no particular reason other than the fact that I too would be pissed off if someone cut off a chunk of my hair.

I'm supposed to be working on a comparative media analysis of coverage of controversy surrounding continued deployment of Canadians in Afghanistan and the Senlis Report. It's not exactly going as well as I want it to.