Monday, November 20, 2006

My posts never seem to start and end on the same topic

And as us, the three prospective candidates for prez next semester walked up towards the upper bus loop, somehow or other we each stopped at the same time, looked at each other and burst out laughing. We were all thinking the same thing, which was to say that we were thinking about the girl that I mentioned in this post.

I have to admit that when I walked into that particular meeting I was more than a little surprised to see her there. Not that I want to admit that I judge people based upon their appearance, but honestly, when you go out of your way to make yourself look really weird in a bad way, then chances are it's going to affect the way I think about you. In this case it was a miniskirt that didn't cover anything, straw blonde dyed, straightened and fried hair, fake eyelashes, white glitter makeup, platform shoes and those contact lenses that make your eyes look purple. Not to mention, she wrote with a pen that was about the same width as a large banana and chewed with her mouth open.

And aside from crumbs, nothing that came out of her mouth made any sense. I mean, it was sort of English, but that wasn't the problem. You can understand someone even if their language skills are poor if there's evidence that whatever is coming out of their mouth is as a result of coherent thought. I'm quite convinced that she was completely out to lunch.

Not that it matters much, since we haven't seen her since. The only thing that matters is that we still all think of it simultaneously and it still makes us laugh.

We are horrible, horrible, intolerant bastards.

But I know how it's going to be next time we have elections. We're going to sit around, waiting for someone to run for president until I cave and get elected. Oh well, at least I won't be responsible for the student union mail lists anymore.

Looks like Kaizers is finally doing some new material, which is really cool, except that none of the clips showing up on youtube are of particularly good quality. But I don't think I've ever shared my love of Kaizers Orchestra with the people of this blog before, so it's about time I share something. But what to share? Maybe Mann Mot Mann or something.



Old song, but one of the ones I like better. I must say that the first time I saw the actual music video for this song, I had to watch it a second time, just to make sure that I had seen what I had actually seen, because it was more or less illustrating what was happening in the song. But the song's better live and the music video has crappy animation.

I won't even make it into an open plea for donations to the Erin-badly-needs-to-go-to-Norway fund, though such a thing exists and certain individuals have been known to make the plea on my behalf. I mean, every blog these days seems to have a tip jar, just like every coffee shop and fast food place also seems to have a tip jar, and I wonder if anyone actually profits from such a thing. Then again, Tony's readers have bought him a car and ipods and stuff...

But no.