Saturday, December 24, 2005

The busiest shopping day of the year


That's me when I was six. Neat eh?

We were originally supposed to go shopping with my grandmother today, but she worked herself into a terrible snit and decided instead that she would scream at my mother on the phone. Oh well. I can't really say that my day was ruined.

Talked philosophy and religion on Santa's lap. Got a candy cane for my thoughts.

Du says I tired her out with shopping. I thought she was the shopper of the family.

Spent with reckless abandon on gifts for my mother with my father.

Talked dysfunctional family with my mother. Apparently my grandmother wants her sister, Sharon, to be invited to whatever kind of festivities we're planning to have. I forsee two problems with this. First of all, she won't come if she knows that I will be there, and if she does come, she won't bother to acknowledge my presence. We will sit and stare at each other from across the room until she leaves early. Then she will tell my grandmother that she wished that she had had a chance to get to know me. It's the same every year.

That being said, I think it's terrible that my grandmother is so hard on her for visiting her husband's grave all the time and even though she's miserly and she hates me, I still wish her a very merry Christmas.

I'm finished my shopping and I'm glad.