Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Thoughts


As soon as Du saw this picture last night, it ceased to be mine.

A few things occur to me this morning:

I have been struck recently by the amount of nutritional information written on the packages of British food. Why is it that in spite of all this information, the British diet is so terrible? I don't think British people are stupid. There must be some other reason.

It is the winter solstice. Regardless of if anyone really bothers to celebrate it or not, we all seem to notice it and think it's sufficiently important for us to write it down on our calendars. And yet, it doesn't really matter much in the long scheme of things. The days get a little longer, that's all, and yet we make a big deal of it. My cat doesn't care. She accepts and moves on. Maybe she's smarter than the rest of us.

I have come to the conclusion that Christmas shopping is a lot more fun when you actually have money to spend.

I'm not looking forward to January.