Monday, December 17, 2007

Back to work.

IMG_6497_1

More cool mail. So hard to photograph.

Back at work today. My desk looks exactly like it did when I left. My voicemail message is the same, and my phone even had messages waiting for me. All I had to do was start where I left off.

It's good because it gets me downtown. I have a ton of shopping and stuff to do, and even though it's Christmas, it's mostly for me, and mostly stuff I've needed for a while. Stuff like clothes, because I'm pretty much down to two pairs of pants I can wear to work, and they're both black. Some beige or brown or tweed would be nice. Or blazers or something. I have one that I've worn a lot and it's getting pretty threadbare. I need a pair of boring old black shoes, because my previous pair served me well for four years but is now rapidly deteriorating. I can't ask for clothes for Christmas because it's like Russian roulette.

Or a teapot. Mine's got a whole bunch of cracks on the bottom which have started to sweat and make noise whenever I pour hot water into it. It can't be good and it can't wait until Christmas.

I didn't sleep all that well last night so I'm tired now. Just as well. I was wondering when my sleeping would go back to normal.