Monday, January 28, 2008

Snow

The snow's started again. This has been by far the snowiest winter we've had here during my lifetime. I remember it snowing a lot one or two years in the 90's but it's really not supposed to snow this much. Not here, not now and not when I have work in the morning. I really prefer the rain.

Meeting with a project group for one of my classes tonight. We're supposed to be debating about whether cooperative structures like Mondragon in Spain could be successfully replicated in Canada. We've been assigned the negative side, which means we're kind of arguing an unpopular position, but meh. Canada's really different from Spain. It's as simple as that. I can smell victory already.

We eventually wandered down to Nuba, one of the few places near SFU Harbour Centre that is open in the evenings. My mom goes there a lot for soup. As I've said before, it's a little cubbyhole of a restaurant off Hastings Street, staffed by a bunch of skateboarder looking types.

The story behind the restaurant is that the owner's grandmother cooked food and represented Lebanon at the 1893 World's Fair, and these are the same recipes they use for their food, which is excellent. Everything's always fresh, organic, delicious and cheap.

Other than that, today has been so uneventful as to almost not merit a post. I guess that's why I've just been posting about people lately.