Thursday, September 22, 2005

Jellyfish people

Erin and I are going to patent cataracts. I can't remember why. I think there was something there about having sunglasses contact lenses, kind of like those ones that are clear and then get darker when exposed to sunlight. You see, we are kindred spirits of a fashion, both out in search of the perfect sunscreen, one that is non-corrosive, doesn't stain clothing, non-greasy, smells good and preferably tastes good too.

Collectively we wonder how on earth the first white person survived in this carcinogenic world full of radiation before the invention of sunscreen and sunglasses. I think he/she was nocturnal. She thinks that he/she lived in a cave somewhere in northern Europe. The jury is still out on this one.

She says that she learned in psych that it doesn't matter what you read or hear, it influences your next decision, regardless of if you believe it or not. I'm not so sure about that...

"What the hell is wrong with those girls?" she asked me, gesturing to an advertisement for hair dye, filled with perky looking girls wearing too much makeup and sporting the most impossibly pointy breasts I have seen in advertisement art in a long time. "It looks like bad plastic surgery to me," she said, wrinkling her nose. "You're supposed to be able to see yourself in the ad," I replied. "And that's supposed to make you want green hair, your personality as defined by advertisement art?" she asked. "Of course," I said, "you're supposed to be able to say 'hey! I'm an incredibly pointy person,' and then that means you need summer plum hair, instead of boring, unpointy brown." We both laughed as everyone else on the bus tried hard to ignore us.

George joined in and somehow our conversation shifted toward pressing philosophical questions:

If our bodies were radially symetrical, how would we drive our cars?

What would a radially symetrical basketball game look like?

How the hell would you sleep with someone if you only had one radially symetrical leg and all sides of your head were simultaneously the front?

Deep, I know.