Sunday, September 25, 2005

Live lobsters


"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Yes, hello?"

"Um, is Kyla there?"

"No, you've got the wrong number."

"Oh, sorry dude."

Okay, so apparently when I answer the phone in the middle of the night, I sound like a man. I don't know whether I should laugh or be offended.

There were some dishes soaking in some water in the kitchen sink and my cat ran into the room and jumped right in. She then flailed about and splashed water everywhere, and knocked over a flowerpot into the dishwater in the process. Then she ran out of the room, tracking muddy, soapy water everywhere.

My other cat was helping my dad do some sort of construction. She was getting covered in sawdust, but she didn't seem to care.

I have to make a sign for the washing machine that says:

Washer not working well. Small loads only.

It seems that some of the people who use it try to pack so much clothing into it that first of all the clothes don't all get wet, and second of all, it makes the washer jump up and down, which is irritating as hell. Then, because their clothes didn't wash properly, they put way too much fabric softener in with them and the result is that the laundry room always smells like cheap perfume and old stale bodies.

Okay, I'm anal, but it drives me nuts.

Okay, I've seen vending machines that dispense condoms, but live lobsters? That's seriously weird.