Saturday, September 17, 2005

Strange disease

I have no attention span anymore. I have a mountain of reading that takes me much longer to get through than it should. The books sit in my lap and I stare at them, and I flip through the pages and hilight the odd sentence here and there, but none of it makes the slightest dent on my brain.

I sit in my lectures, copying down my notes, and yet my mind is on other things, in other places. It's filled with idle thoughts, childish fantasies, dreams. People ask me why I'm ignoring them. The truth is that I probably wouldn't have seen them even if they were standing right in front of me.

I'm forgetting little things: my keys, where I put my driver's licence, the location of my locker, which class I'm in, while I'm in it.

There is a knot in the pit of my stomach that I haven't been able to dislodge for days. I'm kind of hungry, but not. I can't tell anymore. I've developed a chronic twitch in my left thumb.

Lately I've been drawing weird shit like this on the backs of assignment sheets. >

What does it all mean? Maybe I just need more sleep...