Friday, September 16, 2005

Where has my head gone?


"I need a toonie for the Terry Fox Run," Du said.

"I don't have anything right now," Mom replied.

"I might," I said, and began to empty out the contents of my piggy bank on my bed. It was pretty pathetic: a loon, three quarters and a multitude of pennies that I will never use. While my sister was trying to scratch together $2 out of the mess, Mom walked in and handed her a twenty.

"Thanks Mom," Du said, just about to leave.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes," she replied, "I wouldn't want to deprive you of your money."

"Yeah, because I'm rolling in it." And it was true. There were pennies all over my bed and I was quite literally rolling in them.

The two left the room.

"Erin's rolling in money," Du said.

"Erin is an idiot," Mom replied.

Damn straight. I've been completely out of my mind for a week.