Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Uniform


We had a meeting in the pub today and just as we sat down with our drinks, a guy arrived out of nowhere with a flashy looking badge and asked for our id's. Luckily the underage people in our party had either convieniently gone to the washroom or hadn't arrived yet. We asked who he was, and why he was iding us and got a nifty business card with some sort of government insignia on it.

Something about the whole incident didn't rub me right. He just didn't seem all that official to me, and my hackles raised as he looked over my passport (I haven't seen my driver's licence for ages), asking me questions about the information there. After he was finished, he vanished into thin air, leaving us all agitated and fuming over our drinks.

Our minors came to join us, and shortly after, the staff from the pub came over to id us. "We've already been id'd," we complained, showing the rather jumpy looking guy the business card. "This guy checked us and we're okay," we said, and that was partially true. He had checked all the people who were legally entitled to be there. This was enough for the waiter, who left us alone after that.

While I'm really glad that that guy had given us a convenient way to keep our whole group in the pub, regardless of age, I still can't help thinking that something about that wasn't right. With all the identity theft happening these days...

I don't know. Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

I got In a Coma today, and I must say it is awesome. Rooms is just awesome. I have nothing else to say about this. I'll have to play it to death first.