Thursday, September 29, 2005

Seesaw


I stepped out into a puddle, felt the cold water on my toes and suddenly realized that I was wearing flip flops instead of shoes. I didn't really have the time to change, though. I was already late for my bus after screwing around with my printer to coax some pages from it and not being able to find my keys. Some days are just like that.

Except for the presentation I did in polsci, I managed to not actually talk to anyone today, except for a little bit on msn, as odd as that seems. I sat through my whole lecture today, and for some reason or other, everything about it made me really sad. I just can't put my finger on why. Maybe I can and I just don't want to talk about it. I don't know.

My feet were still wet and cold when I stepped outside into a cloud of thick fog. I wish that I had had my camera, because at that moment, everything was just waiting to be framed: hazy reflections in puddles, long lines of columns with obscured vanishing points, halos of smoke swirling around the heads of Asians standing in front of the library, eventually dissipating into the fog.

While I walked across campus, I resolved to take the longest route possible home. I had a lot to think about, and that's always the best way to do it.

Arriving home, I found the door unlocked, the lights off and the television on. It didn't look like anyone had been there. Strange...

Zosie, the lady upstairs, made us dinner last night. I'm not accustomed to eating Filipino food, but everything is worth trying at least once, even if I tend to be vegetarian most days. I'm also not one to turn down people's hospitality, and the food was decent. Today though, as I looked at the leftovers congealed in the cold of the fridge, it just didn't look as appetizing as it did yesterday. I really wish that she hadn't told me it was made out of pig's blood.