Sunday, May 20, 2007

My mom's psychic

IMG_5543_1Alright, this is going to sound weird, but I've been doing this thing lately called turning off the computer and doing something else.

Strange, I know.

So, just what have I been doing? Drawing, reading books, long walks out in the forest, taking uninspired photos of stuff. That's about it.

I woke up this morning because I heard my phone ringing, but by the time I got to my desk to answer it, it had stopped. On it was a message from my mother: "So, I'm sure you're not answering because you're lying in bed and your phone's on your desk, but we're going to be leaving the service area pretty soon..."

Damn that woman's psychic. It's like she's known me from birth or something.

I really should take up keeping my phone in my room overnight. Today I gave a show to anyone who may or may not have been looking through my windows. Last time I jumped out of bed to run for the phone, I ended up with a sprained thumb and some nasty rugburn in some odd places because I happened to be buck naked at the time.

How is it that people can wear pyjamas anyways? They serve no purpose other than to get all twisted up and then choke you in the middle of the night.

Now, I have one particular reader who will undoubtedly email me and ask very politely if I can clarify the meaning of the idiom "buck naked" by sending a photo, because he is quite interested in improving his English. You know who you are, and you don't really need my help with this. Just google it.