Monday, February 04, 2008

31/365: L.E.

At one point in time she decided that she wanted to move in with me. Could she move in with me, please? She would help with the rent. She would clean. She would do anything to move out of her parents' house. It would be perfect because I have only one bedroom and no private and convenient place to put a second bed, and no way of sharing my crappy dial-up internet. I tried a lot of really subtle, polite ways of saying that I wasn't too keen on the idea and after three months I put my foot down and said no.

The fact was that she, like many of my friends, is fine in small doses but that in all honesty I would have a lot of trouble living with a compulsive neat-freak uber-Catholic who goes into frequent histrionics over the stress that she feels about her two courses. Just way too high strung for me.

Within a week of my refusal, I was mysteriously dumped off her facebook friends list and we really haven't talked since. Meh.