Saturday, February 16, 2008

Polaroids of the frying pan cat

frick in frying pan2

I was walking down East Pender when a guy turned and looked at me as he was passing and said "Great job, girl! Keep up the good vibes!"

I had just finished taking a group out on a tour. You can tell people lots of stuff they already know as long as you say something that they really haven't heard before. As long as you do that they're happy, especially if they've always lived here and have seen it all before.

I haven't taken you all on a tour before, have I? I'm on it.

I'm at my parents' now so I have some vintage photos for you. Frick's favourite place to sleep used to be a cast iron frying pan that sat on top of the dishwasher. It took us a while to realize that she was sleeping in there because she just blended in with the black. At first it had just a newspaper in it, but after we learned that she was sleeping there we replaced the newspaper with a tea towel.

frick in frying pan