Wednesday, July 02, 2008

How do you clean such a thing?

Thanks to the recent heat wave the cats have been shedding like crazy this week. It's my theory that they didn't shed at all during the cold, miserable spring we had so now they're making up for lost time.

This has spawned hairballs of proportions I never thought was possible and all of a sudden I'm finding them all over the place.

Not only that, they're getting more creative in their placement of said hairballs. Apparently the floor's just not good enough anymore.

At one point in time today I heard that cat choking vomiting sound in the livingroom so I went to investigate. I found Lou sitting quite demurely in the middle of the carpet, beside one of my slippers. Nothing seemed to be out of the ordinary until I checked inside the slipper.

There, bunched up inside the toe of the slipper was a giant black hairball. I don't know how she managed to get it all the way in there.

I think I need to brush my cat more.