Saturday, July 26, 2008

Stats

IMG_7385_1When I was 8 or 9 I drew a picture of this crab in oil pastels at summer art camp. I never had the time to finish it but my mom had it framed and put it up in her room, where it stayed until we moved. I don't know where it is now. I still think it's a cool sculpture.

I'm in another funk bloggingwise. My head's just not been with it lately. It doesn't help that a lot of my favourite commenters and bloggers are currently m.i.a. due to a combination of babies, breakups, work and all manner of other things. I could say that that doesn't affect me at all but I would be lying.

Sometimes I wish I could do exit interviews with people and ask all those anonymous IP addresses where they went and why. Do they switch computers and lose their bookmarks? Has something horrible happened in their lives? Did I bore them to death?

I haven't gotten to the point where I email commenters who haven't visited in a while. That's borderline creepy.

But no, I don't spend all day staring at my blog's stats. I do however spend a lot of time looking at my Last.fm stats, which fascinate me to no end. Graphed out they look like this:

Wave Graph (a more detailed version)

Red is music that I started listening to in 2005 or earlier and other colours are things I've listened to since then. Pretty much. As you can see, I listened to a lot of the same stuff until about this time last year when I introduced myself to all manner of awesomeness, like Wilco, Air and Magnolia Electric Co., which make up the majority of the green.

Last.fm redesigned their site a couple days ago which irritated me at first because I hate it whenever anyone does anything major to change their site. I've gotten over that now because in a lot of ways it's more functional than the last version. If you visit the site a lot you probably already know, and if you don't chances are you don't care so there's no point in me mentioning them all.

For whatever reason, I'm more obsessed with the site than I usually am so it's taken stolen a lot of my time and attention away from blogging. Oh well, things will return to normal soon enough. They usually do.