Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What is it with me and elevators?

IMG_7426_1

So far I have resisted the temptation to make dumb faces in the elevator mirrors at work, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been doing dumb stuff. Something about elevators does that to me.

Today I had an accident in the elevator on my way down toward the ground.

It started with a couple shuffles and then it turned into an all out tap routine that took me all over the floor of the elevator, ending in a couple of rapid maxi fords and a flying leap that had me land in a triumphant ending pose right in front of the door...

Just as it opened.

Much to my chagrin, it was not the ground floor and a woman happened to be standing right there. The trip down was uncomfortable, to say the least.

I couldn't look right because she was standing there and I couldn't look left because if I had looked into the mirror I probably would have burst out laughing. I faced forward, trying unsuccessfully to contain the retarded smirk that was plastered all over my face.

At least I haven't gotten into a fight with the elevators in this building yet.