Saturday, July 16, 2005

Abuse




Going to school on top of a mountain means there is always a good view on sunny days, even if you're too busy on the internet to see it.

I already regret what I said earlier. A trip to the registrar's office confirmed what I had secretly been dreading all along, that when given the chance, they will always find a way to make me feel abused.

Today I took a form in for them to sign and stamp certifying that I have been and will continue to be a full time student. After I get it signed, I will send it out into the nether regions of the world, to some nice people who will then send me some money for school. These people need me to return the form by August 1st.

They would not sign it, because apparently I am two credits short of where I should be. I asked them what I was to do. They told me to come back with two more credits. I asked them how I should go about getting two credits without money for tuition and they sent me away.

I seem to be caught in the middle of a semantic battle between my school and my bank. Neither can agree on the definitions of full time student and how many credits it takes to complete a year. My school isn't willing to conceed and I feel abused.

Now, I don't expect a red carpet, but I think I deserve a little respect. I pay enough money to be there.