Sunday, July 17, 2005

Ear poison



[kite at Vanier Park, Vancouver]

My cat had ear mites again, and so I got my mother to tackle her down and put insecticide in her ear. She's a lot better at wrestling with cats than I am. Sally doesn't like to have things shoved down her ears and I don't blame her. She walked around with her ears flattened for several hours.

We took Synnove to see Hamlet at Bard on the Beach in Vanier Park today. It was good enough to make me cry, though I was somewhat upset that they managed to leave out most of Osric's lines. True, he isn't exactly an important character, but I like him all the same.

Vanier park was as always filled with people from the BC Kitefliers Association doing some pretty amazing things. One man was operating three acrobatic kites at once, using both his hands and feet to operate them. Other people could barely get their kites off the ground.

Unlike Hamlet, Sally had fully recovered from her ear poison by the time I got home.