Thursday, July 28, 2005

Laundry wars



I got home yesterday after a hellish day at work. It was incredibly hot out and in spite of drinking lots of water, by the end of the day I was beginning to feel more than a little dehydrated. I stopped in at Starbucks for a frapuccino on my way home, because I needed something cold and it’s been a long time since I’ve spent any money on myself.

My cat, as always was laying out on the ashphalt in the heat. I poked her with my foot and she came inside with me to get a drink of water. I worry about her. She has been slowing down a lot over the past four or five months, so every day I expect to find her dead in the driveway when I come home. I have a funny feeling that that time will come sooner rather than later.

After I had dealt with feeding the cat and putting away my stuff from work, I grabbed the mountain of laundry that was sitting in the middle of my floor, only to find that Moriah had beaten me to it. Twit. She must have special surveillance equipment to let her know exactly when I want to do my laundry. She spent all night doing laundry for the people upstairs, so needless to say, I came to work today wearing some things that I would rather have washed first.

At the beginning of the week I had a million and a half things that I wanted to do around the house, but because my boss decided it was hell week, everything is just piling up. By the time I get home in the late evening, I’m really not interested in necessary things like eating, let alone doing yardwork or cleaning. Maybe I’ll get around to them next week.