Sunday, July 24, 2005

Home alone



So, I am officially home alone for the whole week. My family has left me with an impossible to eat amount of fruit, as well as a fridge full of leftovers that I didn't really want to eat.

The cats are lonely, so they're all over me. Against all odds I managed to get all the courses I wanted at school, except for the ones that aren't being offered this semester. The gods must be smiling on me, at least for the moment.

I visited academic services to plead my case once again. If they don't sign off my papers soon, I won't be getting my scholarship in September. The lady told me once again that she couldn't sign it, so I talked and talked and talked until she was so fed up with me that she got me the necessary stamps and seals. I am so glad.

I don't get homesick easily, but evidently my family does. While I was trying hard to sleep on the bus, they phoned me and proceeded to tell me about their trip, and every possible mundane detail about the dinner they were in the middle of having. I don't mind talking on the phone, but when the majority of the conversation consists of alternating periods of silence and comments like "the waitress is bringing us cutlery," and I am tired and hungry, I get irritated very quickly. I hope that didn't show too much.