Sunday, July 31, 2005

Swedish incendiary bombs



I went to see the fireworks last night with some friends and it was a lot of fun. I took my sister along because I figured that after spending a week in a car with my parents, she would appreciate some time apart from them. She got along with them surprisingly well.

Not surprisingly, I was asked how I knew her and I got several shocked looks when I said she was my sister. I don't mind that. I am actually very surprised when people look at the both of us and say that they see some resemblance between us. Those people must be blind.

The last night's show was courtesy of Sweden and was really good, though not as good as their offering last year. A little too much Abba and not enough booming explosions in my personal opinion. I had a good time regardless and I'm a little upset that I can't see the rest of the fireworks because of work.

It looks like my sister might be going with my friends to see them again next Saturday. I have to work that day.

We live in such a wonderful time and place that we can detonate bombs for fun.