Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Translink sucks



I have a problem. My family has left for a vacation, and taken the car with them.

Apparently Translink does not service my area after 9:30 pm. That means that if I were to theoretically go to see the fireworks tomorrow night, I would either have to ride my bike 30 km in the dark, or spend the night at a bus shelter and arrive home at an ungodly hour of the morning, only to have a shower and then leave for work.

Neither is a particularly attractive choice. I guess I will have to amuse myself at home.

I hate Translink and I hate this shithole suburb.

But aside from this temporary outburst of angst, I have been ridiculously happy over the past couple of weeks for reasons I have yet to understand. At the moment I have three jobs, and I work seven days a week. I spend an average of 24 hours per week on the bus. When I am not at work, I am usually at school, reading in anticipation of the hellish semester that is looming ominously in my future. Sometimes when I have some time off work, I hop on a bus and take pictures of stuff with my new camera. I haven't seen any of my friends in weeks.

My birthday is coming up and once again, I will probably do nothing to celebrate it. It's just another year, that's all.

Maybe I'm just too tired to feel pissed off and inadequate.