Monday, June 12, 2006

And there I was, standing right across from a girl with the same name, only I'm cooler

sallySome days I'm in a cubist frame of thought, seeing things from all angles. Talking to Robert, I can see the back of his head, the growing bald spot on top, both ears, a mole on the back of his neck.

Other days I see in camera angles, storyboards, a long series of single shots, varying in scope and depth. I'll notice small insignificant details and hope that the editors will be able to make sense of it all.

Some days dialogue types itself out in my mind kind of like a screenplay:

INT - A GOVERNMENT OFFICE
ERIN sits down at her desk. MAGDALENA enters from her right with a new employee, OTHER ERIN, mid 20s, somewhat taller and heavier than Erin, dressed entirely in black. Magdalena points at Erin.

MAGDALENA
And this is also Erin. You have the same last name too.

OTHER ERIN
What are the chances of that?

ERIN
Just what I was thinking...

OTHER ERIN
Nice to meet you.


Other Erin sits down and opens a can of Coke.


When I was substantially younger I used to think in bad teenage angst poetry. I'm glad I grew out of that.

Now that I've actually made a conscious attempt at figuring out how my camera works, I feel like I can go out and conquer the world. Time for me to take really awesome pictures that aren't of my cat.