Monday, June 19, 2006

Magpies

IMG_3231_1So the Hawaii beach themed open house was wildly successful. Who would have guessed? Some people from other departments even dressed up for the occasion, and the pile of food there was massive, prompting some people to cross themselves and say grace in front of it. They're so starved for social events there that it's starting to scare me. Civil servants need to have fun too sometimes.

Had a nice walk down towards Coal Harbour with my camera today. I usually try to get about 8-10 km of walking in every lunchbreak because I figure it won't hurt me and it's the best way to explore the downtown core anyways. I discovered a nice little park that somehow or other I managed to not take any pictures of, which gives me an excuse to go back tomorrow.

Today, as always, I was drawn towards the reflections in glass windows. Tomorrow it'll probably be signs painted on brick, because I like that too.

Over the past couple of weeks I've felt myself becoming less and less enamoured with my music, all genres and I'm not sure what's wrong with me. These days I just listen for the noise, but mostly I don't listen to anything, and I think that's sad. Maybe I just need something new.

Tomorrow I go back to killing time writing letters to people that I don't intend to send in a little blue book until I'm granted the time to wander disinterested among people on Robsonstrasse who look like fashion plates.

As per request, I've put my alligator to rest. That rhymes.

I wish I had something interesting to say.