Friday, June 30, 2006

Two days for the price of one

IMG_3261_1


So, where have I been?

Well, obviously I've been to the library, where I took these pictures.

I've been to work a few times. Today absolutely no one was in, except for two guys named Claudio. People kept phoning in with complaints about the government and I'd transfer them over to the two guys only to have the people phone back angry that they had gotten some sort of voicemail message. I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized that Italy was playing. Jesus Christ.

Last night I went for dinner with my mother to the Water Street Cafe, which happens to be my favourite eatery at the moment. As always I had the fish of the day, which yesterday was a baked halibut fillet marinated in a ginger chive sauce with rice, vegetables and a shrimp and pear salsa. It was absolutely delicious, though it could have used a little more salsa.

Tonight my dad decided we had to go to Ikea for some reason. I had an Ikea dinner.

You know those lawn decorations at Ikea that kind of look like terra cotta dildos? My mom's amusement at having some of those in her garden has reached a full-blown obsession. She bought five more today. She calls them Smedvik. I don't know why.

The hundred dollars was from a focus group that I was part of about my driving habits. I do that sort of stuff sometimes.

Right now I'm sitting on the roof of my apartment with cheese and crackers and beer. The beer is so black that no light can pass through. Looks like swampwater. The best kind in my opinion, though to be honest, I'd rather have a nice merlot right now.

Meh.