Saturday, June 10, 2006

I got new friends and they're fun

IMG_1021_1

So I arrived last night into the pandemonium that is a dance school year end show, full of noise, small children and panicked parents.

Normally I would have some sort of control over what was happening, but some lucky individual signed up for the responsibility before I could, so I was off the hook for once.

Perhaps as punishment for not coming to the rehearsals that were scheduled while I was at work, I got to stay in the girl's changeroom instead of the adult one this year, which I was a little miffed about because I like having huge mirrors and lots of lights in my dressingroom. However, with the complete absense of any sort of personal responsibility for any part of the show and the added stimuli of being in the same room with so many people far younger than me, I was bored and decided to make some new friends.

My new friends are a bunch of 12 - 14 year old girls dressed up like goth wannabes to re-enact the Halifax explosion in jazz form to Linkin Park.

They think I'm really cool and want to go to university just like me. They do google image searches for things like "poo" and then giggle at the results. They think I'm clever because one of them was reading some sort of wannabe goth magazine that I'd never heard of before and when someone said "ew, he has a penis," I replied "you'll find that the vast majority of men do." I thought that that was obvious, but maybe it isn't.

Since I wasn't doing anything responsible, they convinced me to do a whole bunch of irresponsible things, such as leaving the theatre altogether and running around and sneaking up into the balcony to watch the show. I say tonight we see if we can sneak onto the catwalk and then shoot the tops of people's heads with lazer pointers. I confiscated them from children who were up to no good.

For lunch today: clean-out-the-freezer pasta salad. My special secret recipe.