Thursday, June 08, 2006

Stegosaurus

Summer always seems to bring with it these things:

Pregnant women. That's when they all start to come out. Something to do with it being cold in the winter or something.

Ugly tattoos. People are all of a sudden wearing a hell of a lot less clothing and that means that we get to see all the ink that would otherwise be private, sagging, fading wrinkles and all. Sometimes I wonder at the significance of some of them. Are you really sure that the Chinese on your lower back means what it's supposed to, and is it really necessary to have Betty Boop on your ankle? Kim got a unicorn tattooed on her fat ass once and she asked me if I wanted to see it. I said no...

Vintage automobiles. I really like seeing them on the road, especially if whoever has fixed them up has done a good job of it. Few things bother me more than seeing a really old car with spoilers or flames painted down the sides.

Volkswagen kit cars. Yeah, sure it looks like a Rolls Royce but underneath the fibreglass exterior it's just a veedub. You can tell by looking at the taillights. That and they sound like beetles. Doesn't matter though. I still want one. One that looks like a dinosaur. A stegosaurus. They're kind of beetle shaped anyways.

Fat people jogging, which is good, because at least they're doing something about it.

Spandex, which can be both a good and a bad thing.

Roadtrips through the middle of nowhere that always involve cheap motels.

Ubiquitous warnings about E coli and the smell of cremated meat.

Motorcyclists on the road who don't use their turn signals and are just begging to be run over.

To many people illegally in the hov lane.

I was going somewhere with this, I'm sure. Work and sleep deprivation are rotting out my brain. When Aaron jammed the photocopier today I thought it was exciting. That's sad.