Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Doesn't make sense to me either

IMG_3232_1I have to go upgrade my security clearance with the government tomorrow and I thought that maybe later I could take a picture of my blue fingers to show off, but I'm told that the government does all this stuff really high tech now and they use cool machines to take your fingerprints instead. You can rest assured that by noon tomorrow my fingerprints and picture will be safely secured in some data file vault thingie in Ottawa.

Someone ordered some new furnature for the office and it arrived today, not a moment too soon. One of my coworkers decided that he would use the top of the bookshelves across from the photocopier to staple some things together and somehow or other that made the entire thing collapse completely. It was time for a new one.

For my women's studies course I have to interview an inspiring woman and I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment. I have a week and a half, but still, it would be nice to do it sometime before the day it's due. A friend of mine who took the course interviewed her grandmother, but I won't. My grandmother is one of the least inspiring people I know.IMG_3236_1

She grew up on a farm, failed social studies 10 three times, dropped out of high school, became a nurse and did some really nasty things to mental patients. In spite of being a nurse, she used hemorrhoid medication as birth control and as a result got stuck with both my mother and an abusive sonofabitch for a husband. Now she just sits in a hospital bed all day, complains about everything in the world and tells weird stories about how she bit my cousin's ear off.

To think that my amazing, wonderful mother is literally the product of a misplaced anal suppository. There are things in this world that even I can't fathom.

And then once in a while I get a crazy half-baked idea like interviewing, say Christine because she writes stories and plays about issues that no one seems to want to talk about but should. And, I might add, she doesn't get quite enough kudos as she deserves for doing so. I mean, she's so cool she's even got a Toyota model and a Starbucks blend named after her. Her blog's a good read too, or at least I think so.

Mostly it's just time for me to go to bed.