Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's my blogiversary, d'accord?

foggydew2009The people at work magically knew it was my blogiversary today so we had a party of sorts. Actually it was a huge conference call/meeting with people in Ottawa. We could see and hear them through our tv and they did the same on their end. They talked about a lot of boring stuff on their end while watching us eat cake on ours.

When they suddenly realized that that was what we were doing, they told us we were twats here in Vancouver. As far as I'm concerned, people in Ontario have always been twats so we're even now, except that we're much cooler out here in the west.

There was coffee available too, and I should have had some because I fell asleep during the meeting, right in the middle of the camera shot. I haven't been getting enough sleep lately. Too much school work.

After the meeting I helped Francie put away the cake and coffee and the funny thing about her is that if you talk to her enough, eventually she gets tired of trying to speak English that makes sense so she switches to French. And after a while of that, I get tired of trying to understand what she's saying and replying in a way that makes sense so I revert to oui, non and d'accord. D'accord has always been my favourite.

Then we had another meeting, but it was cancelled, then uncancelled then recancelled. Because everyone was in and out of meetings all day today, no one bothered to send me any work to do so mostly I read the newspaper and my books for school. At the end of the summer I'm going to beg on my hands and knees to see if I can keep my job during school. I figure that for all the work that I actually have to do, I could probably accomplish the same amount in two days a week instead of five.

I could really use the money, but the real reason is that I just like having one of those cool government security passes.

But seeing as it's my blogiversary, here are my favourite posts from the past year:

Preservatives
Pistachio Pudding
Jellyfish People
Pathetic
Queer Eye for the Dead Guy
Scenes from real life 2: cold rats
Fortune
Earl Smith
It was the 80's