Thursday, June 15, 2006

Please state your emergency

IMG_3129_1


“Hi, who am I speaking to?”
“This is Erin.”
“Hi Erin, I’m trying to send a fax to Norway and it’s not going through. What do I do?”

I'm not completely sure why of all the hundreds of people in the building they decided to ask me that. All I know is the country code and that you have to dial 9 to get out of the building.

In high school we used to have phones in every classroom, and you could call between them by dialling the room number. But of course, Alex is an idiot. He decided that he would call a friend in 112 and dialled 9 to do it. When asked for the city, he said Port Moody, and then when asked to state the emergency and whether he needed police, fire or ambulance assistance, he hung up.

Whenever you call 911 from a school, they immediately send the police and a fire truck to investigate, and judging by the number of police that arrived, it had been an especially slow day at the station. The school administration was not impressed.

No need to worry about Alex though. He's still perfect as ever.

Came to the sudden realization today that though I had had the foresight to make myself a sandwich for lunch last night, I hadn’t had the sense to put it in my bag before I left home.

Luckily I had had a good breakfast. A while ago I made up a couple batches of scones and I froze the dough. Now all I have to do is pull out however many I want to eat and leave them in the fridge overnight. As soon as I’m out of bed in the morning I throw them in the toaster and by the time I’ve had a (short) shower, they’re ready to eat.

They’re absolutely the best with cheddar cheese in them, but I didn’t have any when I made them, so this morning I had whole wheat with walnuts and flaxseed. The next batch though will be cheese. Cheese is the best.

But today I splurged and had a yam roll instead of the usual spicy tuna roll. Delicious.

I have so many things to complain about work for today. Both Kathy and my my mother have been vented to so I'll spare you.