Sunday, September 28, 2008

Erin: 1, nasty gross wart: 0

IMG_7638_1

For the longest time I had an annoying little wart on the inside of my right middle finger. It took me quite a while before I identified it as such, several weeks before I noticed that there was something there, several more weeks of wondering why I had a blister in such an odd place on my finger and then after suddenly realizing that it was actually a wart, a good two weeks of denial.

After that I tried several home remedies for warts, none of which worked. They always seem to be effective for a few weeks and then inexplicably they stop working. Then each time you stop one the wart comes back with a vengeance. It's like pruning bush to make it grow better.

After a while I threw up my hands and decided that I would just go to the doctor and get it burned off. But to do that you need to go see another doctor and get a referral. This means two or more phonecalls to make two but probably more appointments in order to go through a really unpleasant little procedure possibly multiple times until it was gone.

Well, I'm lazy. I have a habit of forgetting to call and make appointments during work hours. Or I put it off, or I don't have the time. I never bothered to make the appointment.

Now all of you people who are sitting here wincing at how gross this all is, don't you fear!

Three weeks ago the nasty little lump suddenly got little black spots all over it. I watched with morbid fascination as the spots grew and became more numerous and within a few days the whole thing got kind of dry and began to disintigrate.

Then inexplicably the whole thing fell out of my finger, leaving a bit of a hole that has since filled itself up with some scar tissue. I may be jinxing myself by saying this but I think it's gone!

The only reason I can think of as to why it's gone is because it is no match for my super mind skillz.