Saturday, September 13, 2008

I am back and there will be much posting.

At the drydocks on Granville Island

Dearest Internet,

Just where have I been?

I think a better question would be where have you been? My connection stopped working for a full two days and now I feel like there's a huge backlog of stuff I need to check out, emails to reply to, peoples' blogs to visit and stuff to upload. Some of this will get done and unfortunately some won't.

I wish I had some sort of warning every time my connection went on the fritz so I could post a couple links to keep you all amused while I'm tearing out my hair and pressing the "repair connection" button repeatedly, but that's just wishful thinking.

So what have I been up to? School, mostly.

False Creek

I was a bit apprehensive about going back this year and all that turned out to be completely unfounded. The moment I set foot in the place I ran into people I know, and profs who not only recognized me, but also knew that I'm enrolled in their classes.

My course work for this semester is very project, creativity and portfolio oriented, which is all new to me, as is the fact that I have something due every single week. Weekly homework! That's a challenge for me because I'm a big fan of classes where the sole means of evaluation is one big paper that you start working on a week before the end of the class.

It's also a challenge because I've always had difficulty being creative on command and meeting deadlines for that sort of stuff. It's one of the reasons why I never seriously considered going to art school, even though I'm certain I would love it. That and I like money. It helps me eat.

I've also been doing other stuff. Student union stuff. Clubs stuff. Miscellaneous beginning of school stuff. Social stuff. Going to see plays stuff. Fixing up some photos so I can upload them to flickr and then show them to you stuff.

IMG_7569_1

So speaking of photos uploaded to flickr so I can show you, here are more pictures of Granville Island that I took last week. I'm not sure why I'm showing them to you. It's one of the most heavily photographed places in Vancouver.

I'm creative, just like everyone else.

False Creek