Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Dad turns 29 for the umpteenth time

Stepping off the train today on my way home, my mother and I got stuck behind a woman that looked kind of like Betty Boop and had a tattoo of the same on her calf. That's the problem with summer. Everyone takes the time to show off their skin and then all of a sudden there are plenty of ugly as hell tattoos in your face everywhere.

My story remains more or less the same. I told my mother once that I would only get a tattoo if I happened to kill a sea monster. I would have a picture of it permanently inked across my abs so that I could be like those old seafaring pirate types. I could hang around in bars and drink too much rum and tell stories and show it off.

Somehow or other, when I first told this to my mother she heard ass instead of abs so the story's been that way ever since.

It was my father's birthday today so we went out for dinner and somehow or other that entailed me reciting VD haikus off the top of my head, some of which were really bad and involved itching. It's alright though, because they made my mother laugh.

I have a paper due on Friday so I really have little to say. Tomorrow's my blogiversary.