Thursday, May 25, 2006

The green buttons are all placebos anyways

IMG_3041_1

I figured that I'd beat the traffic on the roads by getting on the train a few stops early but no, there just had to be a derailment in Poco.

No sooner had I dozed off when Abby's favourite conductor, John perpetual hangover woke me up to announce that there was a derailment on the tracks ahead and they were going to take an alternate route. Well, more like "umm, hrmm, mnah mmmrrm derailment in Poco annnmmm-anyone wanting to get off of the... train has to go to car 3."

One man apparently from car 7 walked through mine, dragging his bike up and down the stairs, and through multiple doors to get there.

"Alriiiightummm I got to ah open the doors manually... so don't press the green buttons."

I'm pretty sure that the green buttons on the doors are all placebos anyways. They only put them in last week.

The lineup at Poco station stretched the whole length of the platform, but it moved surprisingly fast, even though people had to walk across a separate set of train tracks to get in, and within seconds the mass exodus of commuters travelling the length of the train had arrived.

And in spite of that the train was only two minutes late and I arrived at work on time, where I promptly ran out of things to do, made up a bunch of new work for myself and then had people look at me with puzzled looks because apparently no one's ever run out of work before. Then I did my homework for school during my lunch break and then made up more work to do. Yeah, your tax dollars at work. Not mine because I don't pay taxes.

Right now I have bad tinnitus in my left ear.

Sometimes I just want to slap some of the women on Queer Eye. Sure their boyfriends are clueless slobs that screw everything up but at least they tried. They tried, damn it. Not that I care because it's another rerun anyways.