Monday, May 22, 2006

You can't fool the children of the revolution. Can you?

IMG_3094_1Matt Good's finally reposted his manifestos on his website, though they've been available elsewhere for years. They bring back a lot of memories.

Cleaned out and rearranged my parents' kitchen today, not the least because of the fact that my wardrobe has been sitting in the middle of it for six or eight months now and that's not where it's supposed to be. Where it is supposed to be is out on our lawn in a garage sale next week. It's ugly anyways.

There is some stuff that I can't wait to try and get rid of. Problem is that I have no idea where most of it is because most of my things are still in boxes, like they have been for a year and a half. All I know is that the boxes will not go to my apartment. Sure it looks a little minimalist right now but I'll fill it up with junk in good time. Either that or books.

One thing that I'd like to take there though is Nancy the hard-hearted woman. She's a headless mannequin from the old Woodwards store downtown from back in the days when mannequins used to be the size of real women. At one point in time she and I used to be able to wear the same clothing so I used to use her as a dress form but I've lost a little bit of weight since then and now I don't know why I want her. Probably because she's got a name and she'd look kind of cool in a corner somewhere.

Most of my things have names, the notable exceptions being my palm pilot and my Canon 350d.

The lady upstairs gave us a huge ham completely out of the blue and up until this point we had no idea what to do with it. Do people eat stuff like that? The concept is foreign to me. I think it's going to be eight years' worth of sandwiches or something.

I think I'm going to make pea soup. Kind of like the pea soup that comes from a can but not from a can.

They're talking about hurricaines now on the news and it looks like it's going to be worse than last year, because of course there is no such thing as global warming so full speed ahead. Drive your Hummers.

I spent my time in the shower today contemplating the similarities between cigarettes and ziggurats and couldn't find any. I finally settled upon the word plectrum. Plectrum.

Plectrum.

It's just a cool word.