Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lucky number 6



The sound of bagpipes carried far above the campus always seems to waken the latent Scot in me and never ceases to make me smile. Sadly, I was never able to accomplish more with my bagpipes than the sounds of tortured livestock.

The ones at school, however, are the best in the world.

I had forgotten how pretty the school can be during the summer when it's half empty and the trees have leaves. It kind of makes me want to take summer classes sometimes, though I know that there's no way I could ever swing it.

I wasn't there for classes anyways. I had a meeting.

I arrived to find that our furnature had arrived at our room finally. Not quite the stuff that we had ordered but adequate, I guess. I had had a funny feeling that the school would never go for the stuff that Ryan had picked out. What honestly do students need a bed for in their common room?

I sat in there and talked to Chels as gradually people began to arrive, far more than we had originally expected, which was good, because if we had had less than the magic number 6, it would have been a big waste of time.

Because there were only the two of us execs there, and a bunch of new people, the meeting went really fast. We planned a social event in the space of about three minutes and then devoted most of the rest of the time to telling the new people what we had done in the past, what we could do and asking what they wanted to do. None of them really suggested anything but they all looked pretty interested.

Chels drove me home and we bounced with glee all the way.

I still want one of those shirts with your choice of random attributed to Marshall McLuhan quotes:

"We are the genitals of technology."

"I don't know who discovered water but it certainly wasn't a fish."

"This message is top security. When you have read it, destroy yourself."

or my personal favourite:

"The chicken was the egg's idea for getting more eggs."

Though for the record, I've always liked Harold Adams Innis better. Much better.

I am a geek.